Friday, September 5, 2008

Bertutu Lunch @ Batu Niah



Hiyay !!! I really shouldn't be here right nw !!!
But I felt so tensed staring at a bunch of logical functions,
revising for tomorrow's finance lab test !!! They all don't look
much logical to me, anyway. Why does it have to weigh so much?
It's a friggin' 30% out of my finals !!! I crossed my fingers I'd
make my life easier doing fine tomorrow 。。。


Came here to catch a breath.
Thought of posting something nice for all of you 。。。

Hahaha 。。。oh nono !!! Don't be shocked yet !!!
The fish hasn't still developed that enthusiasm for exercising !!!
It's merely just a picture, picture of Niah Cave !!! I din go thr for
hiking nor exploring, I was lured by 'bertutu fish', that's all !!!
Yewp !!! The ever-hungry fish went down to Batu Niah for a
'Bertutu' lunch with the family last Sunday !!! I miss the
'bertutu' there !!! It tastes very different from the one
we had at Berkenu or Sibuti, very different. I've got
pictures to prove it all !!! Read on
。。。


The restaurant, , beside Niah Inn where
we used to dine in for 'bertutu', the cook has
moved his business to his own house !!!

It was a pretty long story for the relocation.
They previously moved their business to Miri and became ,
somewhere downhill at Luak, travelling to and forth both places.
Until not long ago, they moved back to Niah and start their own
restaurant at their own house !!! And now it's called
” !!! Very special name, indeed !!!

The must-drink ~
I can't this anywhere else in Miri !!!

Mani @ Niah
I love this vege a lot !!! To cook it with soup is also
very nice, too !!! The best place to eat this dish, for me,
would be 好 味 somewhere near Pujut 5 or 6, the shoplots
behind a Chinese restaurant called 楼 外 楼 !!! It's a great
place for lunch & dinner, am sure a lot of my friends
feel the same too !!! I shall blog about it soon !!!

@ Niah
The prawns are very big, and very delicious !!!
If hubby were there with us, he'll owes be the one finishing
up the 'black legs', I duno wad it's called. But no one in the
family likes that part of the prawns, hehehe 。。。
Maybe we are just pure lazy !!!

@ Berkenu
Honestly 'prawn-wise', the one at berkenu tastes
even better !!! Niah's a little too sweet, but those at
Berkenu, they're just nice and very yummy, as what
we would like to call it in chinese - very 开 胃 !!!
I can do it juz with plain rice & be absolutely
satisfied with lunch !!!

Bertutu @ Niah
Perfectly stemed with oyster sauce and fried
onions !!! Great complements, indeed !!!

I duno if that takes up half a bottle of oyster sauce
but the more the better !!! Hahaha 。。。I love everything
that tastes salty !!! Just look at the meat of the fish !!!
It melts right at your mouth !!! You don't even
need to chew it !!! You just swallow !!!

Bertutu @ Berkenu
The one at berkenu is also very nice.
But the taste is not as strong as Niah's.
Still, your tongue'll be tamed by its meat,
which is already as soft as tohu !!!

I forgot to take note of the prices, but the 3 dishes
we had at Niah + a bowl of sweet corn soup (in portions of 3pax),
5 drinks and 3 plates of plain rice costed us around RM 160 plus.
Am much familiar with the prices @ Berkenu though, cuz we owes
had friends gathering there once in a while during holidays!!!
1 kilo of bertutu fish @ berkenu cost about RM 80 and
1 kilo of tiger prawns cost around RM 20 - 30.

So, hope it helps for those planning some food
trip for gatherings huh !!! I really hope to have my
next friends gathering there at Niah but obviously no
one's gonna drive up that far !!! Hahaha 。。。


5 seashells:

yawen said...

i miss mani chai. they don't have it here, i don't know why! i miss the tutu fish too. *swallow back the saliva* :P

fish.ili.cious said...

Hey girl !!!
You noe wad ??? I was just thinking of writing you a comment or email or something this afternoon, cause it has been a REALLY long time din hear from you !!!

Who nos, when I checked my mail, I saw you leaving comment on my blog !!! That is super touching and 巧 !!! Hahaha...

How are you there???
School starts dy right?

yawen said...

hahah.aww that's sweet. :)
i just got back from Melaka. stuffed with lots of food, and now, updated with lots of new miri foods from your blog. i'm going back in 2 days time, can't wait to try them out! :)
uni only starts in oct. i have a freaking long 4 months holiday. take care girl. *hugs*

yawen said...

p/s: can i get the song currently playing on your blog from you? i'm hooked on it! ^.^

fish.ili.cious said...

4 months holiday? That's really really long !!! And happy to hear that you're coming back in Oct !!! Hope to bump into you here in hometown, girl !!! hehehe... take real good care of yourself !!!