Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Talk Over Dinner


I totally enjoyed that simple 3-hour talk over dinner with hubby just now. We decided to drive all the way up to Lutong Baru to eat-out at this new Thai Restaurant. Dinner was fulfilling and the foods were very worthwhile for the long drive. I'll leave the food review for a later date, at the mean time you can drop by MiriCommunity.net to have a look-see at the restaurant. Am so gonna visit there again for the cendol !!! Well, that was not exactly my point for this blog entry. I was talking about the little chat I had with hubby over dinner just now. We talked about lotsa stuffs about the past, mainly about our secondary school years ...

Funny but true, I kinda find our love relationship very special, I love how we can both be couples & best friends at the same time. And I think we both did very well at listening to each other's needs, though I can't say that we are really rational at all times. I came to realise that the past isn't as pathetic as I used to see it. Maybe time has really grow me. Remember how people used to tell you that 'time heals'? Well friends, that isn't any crapz !!! It took me 3 long years to really understand the magic of these two simple words. Before that, I chose to believe it was just some common words frens used to comfort me when I was going through one of these 'downhill' stages of life. But heck, I totally underestimate how powerful they are !!!

If there's anything really pathetic that has ever happened to me, it must be me being stubborn at advices. If I hadn't actually realized that 'time heals', I wouldn't have been that somebody I am today, and perhaps I'll still be dragging along with me my painful history. You see, time opens up my eyes. If it wasn't for time, I wouldn't know that there's much more good things in life than just what I had 3 years back. It was time, who prepare me, mature me and complete me. Life is like a building block, you have got to have the base to keep moving up. Hence, without those hard times finding ourselves a base in life, we become fragile, we become unappreciative towards what we have in life. So what's wrong to have spent more time in the process? At the end of the day, you become armed with more life experience, more stories to tell, more memories to remember, and of course, more true friends to keep !!! So one day, if you feel despair and down, tell yourself 'time heals'. That's definitely one big word for me, to have ever forgotten its miracle again !!!

Well, my dearest friends,
what's your big word in life?

2 seashells:

ahem` said...

The song you're playing on your blog suits this post so well. :) Time definitely heals.. it's just that we're blinded most of the times when we're undergoing downhills of our lives.. But hey, like what you said, there will be a day when you look back and realize, it wasn't that bad after all, I overcame all that hey.. :)

fish.ili.cious said...

(Jess)
Exactly, gurl !!! Yea totally ...