Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kuching Trip - Day 3


It's been so long, I know !!!
And nope, nothing's been holding me back,
it was really just pure laziness, really ~ aiks !!!
So, here goes my 3rd day in Kuching late February
this year with my family & hubby, finally !!!

Remember I mentioned about this really nice porridge store,
which Uncle Robin wanted to introduce to us, but was not open
the other day? Well, me & hubby purposely went up here to
try it out ourselves the next day !!! Desperate what !!!

We were so very happy that it's openned !!!
Can't wait, that's why we simply parked the car,
and went down to try the pork porridge !!!

They introduced us this really nice drink
called “ ”, kinda weird but nice, well at least
for hubby !!! I totally can't take it at first but after
a few more sips, I started to like it, and
eventually love it so much !!!

The long-awaited pork porridge
Well actually hor, it's not as good as what I've expected really.
The one at 'Min Joo Kee' tastes a lot better. I guess we all
have different taste & of course, appetite as well !!!

Later in the morning, we went to have simple
tea break here at an old coffee shop famous for its laksa.

It tastes super delicious !!!
The prawn oh-so-very-fresh lar.


Right after tea-break,
we went shopping @ The Spring !!!
It's our first time there, felt so excited after hearing
much about it over the news as well as from friends !!!

Oh, there's Starbucks !!!
But anyway, coffee's 'not my cup of tea' !!!
So we went grocery shopping instead !!!

Spot this cute little tin of coke.
I love its bright red & its sporty design !!!
And of course, the petite size of its tin !!!

Chennie !!! I miss you so much !!!
Even in Kuching I think of you, got touched ma?
Aren't these little cabbages so cute ?? I so wanna buy
them back for you as souvenirs, but seriously, I
duno how to preserve them !!! Teach me !!!

The Food Court

Little Japanese Corner


No, I did not try it !!!
I regretted for choosing Kenny Rogers over
Manhattan Fish Market !!! That is one
very stupid mistake I made !!!

At a place so wrong for lunch !!!
I should've listenned to hubby when he
wanted to go to Sushi King instead !!! Argh...

Bolognese Spaghetti
The noodles didn't taste very good.
Halo's in Miri tastes far better, I swear !!!

Chicken Chop
The size of the chicken was really 'kesian' !!!
But, I admit that the mash potato is to die for.

Above all, I still love Kenny Rogers !!!
I couldn't possibly forget the satisfaction I had the
1st time I tried it in KL so many years back!!! How it gently
runs from my mouth through the throat, down my tummy !!!
I shall take it as a lack of quality control then. Hmm...

Went to Song Kheng Hai for our afternoon
tea break after much shoppings at The Spring.
A superb place for foods, indeed !!!

The famous 'Lim Kee's Cha Kueh'
It tastes kinda nice !!! Friends told us it's one
of the 'must-trys' at the food court !!!

Padungan Belachan Bee Hoon
This tastes really good !!! It's the very
1st time we tried eating belacan bee hoon with
all these kinda flavours, tho. Very special, indeed !!!
It's spicy, sour, sweet but not bitter at all !!!


It's indeed, an eating day all day long !!!
I especially heart this picture of us taken @ The Spring.
The pinkish sakuras made a very Japanese feel.
I absolutely love how everything turns out in the pic !!!
Argh, I kinda wish travelling with you again, hubby !!!
How are you doing over there? I love you !!!

To Be Continued 。。。


4 seashells:

sukwan said...

xiaoyu, u misunderstood manhattan fish market.. i love it a lot!! it's the food that u ordered that made u dislike it.. actually, u should try the seafood platter caues it's famous for its seafood thr mar.. hehe.. that was much nicer... and i tried their iced peach tea and a dessert, i think was tiramisu... damn NICE!!!!!!!!! soup also super best!

Unknown said...

Gal, I did not order those foods at Manhattan Fish Market lar, hahaha...

What I wrote in the entry is that, I did not go to Manhattan Fish Market, and I regretted for not going & chose Kenny Rogers over Manhattan !!!

The foods there at Kenny Rogers (Kuching branch at The Spring) really is not up to the standards !!! hahahahaha... I never tried Manhattan Fish Market before, and I wanted to try it so much !!! Really !!!

Hahahaha...

sukwan said...

aiks.. sorry i'm the one who misunderstood.. haha! paise paise

fish.ili.cious said...

Hahaha cepat-nyer lu reply hah !!! hahaha... you must bring me there to eat if I ever go KL again !!! ahahah... I want eat the fish !!!